Techniquest Glyndwr is striving to improve facilities for all users of the science centre and its services over the next few years. Although not perfect our aim is to provide services that will work for all. If you find on your visit a problem with any of the information here then please speak to the Duty Manager and we will do our best to improve your visit.
If you have any questions about access related issues prior to your visit, please call 01978 293400.
- Multi-building site with covered walkway between buildings
- Car park adjacent to the centre (20 metres) with allocated parking bays
- Automatic doors to the main building
- Open doors to other areas of the centre
- The majority of the centre is at ground level with 2 rooms on the first floor (Science Theatre and lunch room)
- Lift access (with Braille and announcements) to the first floor
- Stairs to first floor: 21 steps in total
- Good colour contrast between floor and walls
- Service Dogs welcome
- Well lit areas in all parts of the attraction
- Accessible toilet facilities for the disabled
- Techniquest Glyndwr is located on a higher education campus (Glyndwr University) in buildings that have been adapted to house the science centre. Good road and pedestrian access is available with signposted routes through the campus.
- Public transport provision is available with bus & rail services adjacent to the Glyndwr Campus. Wrexham General Station is a 5-minute walk (pavements and a single road entry to the site to avoid steps). The nearest bus stop is also a 5-minute walk away.
- Assistance from Techniquest Glyndwr team is available at all times