Terms & Conditions
All bookings of 10 or more persons made with Techniquest Glyndwr (TQG) are bound by the following terms and conditions, irrespective of whether they are for an educational visit (funded or charged for), birthday party or other group booking. Booking confirmations are sent by e-mail or can be collected from the centre.
Please read the following paragraphs carefully.
If you wish to cancel your booking 4 weeks or more in advance of your scheduled date, there will be no cancellation charge.
If you wish to cancel your booking between 2 and 4 weeks in advance of your scheduled date, then a cancellation charge of 50% of the full charge will apply.
If you wish to cancel less than 2 weeks in advance of your scheduled date the full charge for your booking will apply
Please refer to your booking confirmation for the full charge for your booking, before any subsidy, discount or project funding is applied.
These charges are applied because it is extremely difficult for Techniquest Glyndwr to obtain another booking at such short notice, and to cover the cost of any resources and staffing Techniquest Glyndwr will have allocated for the visit.
If you wish to change the date of your booking, it must be done with at least 4 weeks' notice, otherwise the above cancellation fees will apply. A booking can be rescheduled a maximum of two times; any further rescheduling will be subject to the full charge of the initial booking, plus the cost of the current booking.
Failure to Attend
If you have booked to come to Techniquest Glyndwr and do not attend the centre on the specific date and time, then the full charge of the visit will apply.
The cancellation fee will not apply if Techniquest Glyndŵr deems any of the following situations to have caused or contributed to the cancellation of date:
1. Exceptional circumstances where Techniquest Glyndwr is no longer able to fulfil the booking as agreed.
2. Adverse weather conditions (this is applied at Techniquest Glyndwr's discretion).
3. Other unforeseen circumstances (this is applied at Techniquest Glyndwr's discretion).
Last Minute Booking Alterations
If for any reason your group is late arriving, or needs to leave earlier than agreed, your booked activities may need to be shortened, or cancelled. Please discuss this with the staff at the earliest possible opportunity.
Annual Pass Admissions
Annual passes cannot be used for admission for a school booking, group booking, scout/guide booking or birthday party booking.
Children aged 15 years and under are to be supervised by an adult aged over 18 years at all times, including but not limited to, teachers, support workers, parents and group leaders.
Techniquest Glyndwr staff will provide hands-on STEM activities; we cannot be held responsible for the supervision of children under any circumstances. We reserve the right to withdraw from activities where the behaviour of any child[ren] is deemed unacceptable or where appropriate adult supervision is not provided.
We love hosting birthday parties, below are a few specific details about admissions for parties:
· The charge of £8 per party guest (children aged 4 years and over) applies to ALL participating guests. For any children who are not participating, standard admission fees will apply (subject to the supervisor’s discretion). Additional party bags can be purchased for £2.50 each.
· We can offer 1 complimentary adult per party guest (each child aged 4 years and over). Any additional adults will be required to pay our standard admission fee.
· Each birthday child is able to bring up to 6 members of their immediate family as complimentary adults, this is to include parents and older siblings who are not participating party guests.
We have a maximum capacity of 40 attendees at each birthday party. This can be a mix of children and supervising adults as long as there is an appropriate level of supervision and our complimentary adult policy is followed. If you would like to book a party with more than 40 attendees, please speak to a member of our bookings team who will be able to assist with booking a party to commence after last admissions